Updated July 2021
The Dallas food scene has gotten so vast that sometimes it can be hard to remember the staples for the times you don't feel like doing the search. We've rounded up some of the best dishes in the city, so you can always have some go-to's on hand!
NOT YOUR MAMA'S FRIED CHICKEN
This dish has won multiple awards and is nationally recognized! It comes coated in your choice of spicy chili or soy ginger sauce and is served with pickled daikon radish, slaw and a side or rice.
There are 3 lobster roll options at East Hamption -- the Maine, the Connecticut and the Spicy. They each use N.E. Atlantic lobster and are mouth-watering!
POLLO A LA MEXICANO TACOS
The Pollo a la Mexicano is made with chicken breast, melted Cheese, avocado and roasted pico of flour tortillas. You can't go wrong with just sticking to this taco, but we also suggest mixing and matching it with other tacos on the menu!
DRUNKEN NUT PIE
The Drunken Nut Pie is a bourbon pecan pie with shortbread crust. You can taste the butter, bourbon, brown sugar and Texas pecans all in one, which makes it the bakers' favorite pie. It's even considered their most perfect pie to date!
photo courtesy of Emporium Pies
The Kale Salad at Honor Bar is a huge hit! It is topped with fresh mint, roasted peanut vinaigrette and grated Reggiano. It comes with rotisserie chicken and is a staple meal in Dallas!
This iconic cheeseburger has two thin patties, American cheese, pickles, minced onion and Hudson sauce. You have to get it with the side of fries, because they are out of this world! Can they be considered a dish? Asking for a friend...
You never go wrong with carbonara, but the one at Taverna really is a stand out! It's the classic pancetta, egg yolk, cream and paremsan, and it is incredible on its own or with one of their shareables! Pair it with the Antipasto Emiliano (a.k.a. charcuterie board) for the ultimate italian dinner.
photo courtesy of Taverna
- 8 Cloves | chicken tikka masala
- Armoury Deep Ellum | charred pulpo
- Asian Mint | pineapple cashew fried rice
- Cane Rosso | Honey Bastard pizza
- CBD Provisions : pig head carnitas
- Chris and John | phorito
- Crush Craft | Khao soi curry
- DaLat: pho - chicken or vegan
- Dive | Dive Wrap
- E-Bar Tex Mex | steak tacos
- Gemma | rabbit pappardelle
- Javier's | filet Durango
- Jimmy's Food Store | meatball sandwich
- Hello Dumpling | Shanghai noodles
- HG Sply Co. & Hero by HG | nachos
- Keller’s | any burger
- Khao | vegan congee
- Knife | the Ozersky burger
- La Duni | carne asada
- Louie's | Caesar salad
- Mattito's | Bob Armstrong queso
- Meso Maya | Pollo budin Azteca
- Mia’s: brisket tacos
- Mi Cocina | cheese enchiladas
- Montlake Cut | crab fried rice
- Mot Hai Ba | garlic noodles (y’all agree)
- Nick & Sam's | lobster Mac and cheese
- Oishii | Royce roll or Tribeca roll
- Ozona | queso fried chicken
- Paradiso | hummus and pita
- Parigi | chicken club salad
- Rise | crab soufflé and marshmallow soup
- Royal China | La Mian noodles
- Sandwich-Hag: tofu banh mi
- Shinsei | crispy rice
- Snuffer's | cheese fries
- Sprezza | cacio e pepe
- Stock and Barrel | Waygu meatloaf
- Tei Tei Robata: spicy house made tofu
- The Heights | pot roast
- The Ranch | Chicken fried steak
- Torchy's | queso
- Uchi: Hama chili & brussels
- Velvet Taco: tikka masala taco
- Wabi House: spicy ramen