An introduction to embroidery!
We are thrilled to welcome guest creative, Erin Frisch, to Charming @ The Market! Create a botanical terrarium embroidery piece in a beginner-friendly workshop. Learn the technique of embroidery while exploring your creativity through mark-making and color selection. You will leave with your own embroidery kit and the skills to create your own works of embroidery.
Erin is an embroidery artist and native Texan. She was born in Waco, then lived in San Antonio for 9 years before making her way to Dallas. She's a vegetarian with a cat named Theodore. In her spare time, she writes an arts blog, Certain Slant of Light.
In the workshop, Erin will teach: choosing materials, selecting a pattern, transferring an image to fabric, splitting floss, threading your needle, satin stitch and seed stitch. You will complete an embroidery pattern of succulents enclosed in a terrarium.
Tips for attending workshops at Charming @ The Market:
- Allow plenty of time to find parking as a good spot can sometimes be difficult to hunt down. Our shop is located on the corner of Harwood and Taylor.
- We have an entire store full of fun gifts
- Come early or stay late so you can get your shop on!
- You are welcome to BYOB and/or Snacks.
- Don't delay in purchasing your ticket! We only have room for so many and the classes fill up quickly! Due to the nature of our business and ordering of fresh and plentiful supplies, all ticket sales end the Friday before the event at 11:30am so don't wait to get your ticket!
- Be courteous to others in the class and arrive on time. We will not wait for all to arrive to start the class.
- No-show refunds are given at the instructors discretion.
We can't wait to create with you!
Back to All Events