Greenville Ave is once again gaining a whole slew of new spots to kick off 2023, starting with a beautiful New Zealand eatery, Quarter Acre!
Updated January 2023
Focused on local and seasonal produce, while bringing Dallasites a taste of New Zealand and Australia through the wine, drinks, ingredients and dishes. And the name? It comes from the New Zealand version of the American Dream: to own a quarter acre of land for your kids and family.
Opened by Kiwi chef Toby Archibald, he moved to Dallas in 2016 after working in kitchens around the world, including those with Michelin stars. Most recently, he was the Executive Chef at Georgie, before making the leap to his own restaurant, on Greenville Ave that replaces the former Rapscallion!
Step into a calming coastal oasis of giant rope light fixtures, neutral colors, oyster details and leather notes. It’s an intimate space with about less than 2 dozen tables inside, plus a bar with a handful of seats. A patio awaits the warmer weather too!
• Start with a “snack” or two aka a tiny bite sized appetizer to get your evening started.
• Try the Foie Gras if adventurous - it’s amazing! Or start with the celeriac or clams, another two faves!
• Ask about specials…they may have their delish pasta with truffle app!
• Finish with the grouper or salmon, which will almost always come from New Zealand!
• And of course, make sure to pair your meal with wine or a cocktail (we loved the Piha Beach Sunset garnished with a black salt to represent Piha Beach!)
Finish with a dessert by pastry chef Selena, who just finished school and is so sweet! Her creations are influenced by the Philippines, where she is from, and makes for some heavenly treats!